Papas Con Queso, Mexican Stuffed Cheese Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12763 times
A yummy Mexican snack of potatoes, baked with a cheesy stuffing. Papas Con Quesco has the pleasant flavour of potatoes and cheese, dotted with green chillies, and laced with hot and sweet sauce.
It is quite a fascinating experience, with its enjoyable texture and exotic taste. You can serve it as a snack or as a starter.
- Cut each potato vertically into 2 halves.
- Scoop the centre of each potato half a little, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing. Keep the scooped potato aside.
- Brush a little melted butter on each potato halve and then sprinkle a little salt over them.
- Combine the scooped potatoes, cheese, green chillies, milk and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide this stuffing into 10 equal portions.
- Stuff each potato halve with a portion of the prepared stuffing and spread ½ tsp of hot and sweet sauce over it and place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||15.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.