Baked Beans and Potato Baked Dish
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35347 times
Close your eyes, think of everything you like, open your eyes and you will find them in this dish! Baked Beans and Potato Baked Dish is made with common ingredients but arranged artistically to create a huge impact. Fresh cabbage leaves, baked beans, potato slices, white sauce and cheese are set perfectly on a baking dish and cooked till the aromas and flavours unite to create an irresistible dish, which lures young and old alike.
Add your private note
Baked Beans and Potato Baked Dish recipe - How to make Baked Beans and Potato Baked Dish
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 15 to 17 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F) Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup, sugar, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Boil the cabbage leaves in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) diameter baking dish with butter, arrange the cabbage leaves on it.
- Pour the baked beans mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Arrange the potato slices over it, sprinkle little salt and pepper over them.
- Finally pour the white sauce over it and sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.