Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20985 times
Paneer burfi is a traditional indian mithai or sweet dish recipe prepared from freshly made paneer or cottage cheese. The paneer is crumbled and cooked with sugar and nuts and then spread on a greased thali. Cut the paneer burfi in any desired shape and serve garnished with pista shavings.
Add your private note
Paneer Barfi recipe - How to make Paneer Barfi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the paneer, milk powder and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the paneer mixture and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, till the ghee separates.
- Remove from the flame and sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Cool little and knead well.
- Shape into a flat rounds and add almonds and pistachios.
- Decorate with silver varq.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by madhavishah on 02 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.