Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3503 times
Enjoy Palidu with steamed rice and prepare it in the authentic South Indian style by cooking lentils with drumsticks,kokum and besan. A lovely lentil recipe, palidu is best enjoyed hot with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut as garnish.
- Boil dal with a little turmeric powder & salt
- After dal becomes tender remove water and keep aside
- Dal should be added to rice
- Heat oil
- Put onion,mustard,jeera,methi seeds
- Put red chilly powder,turmeric powder,dhania powder,ginger-garlic paste,salt
- Add little water
- Put pumkin & cook till tender
- Add more water
- Make besan paste with little water
- Add it
- Cook till besan gets diluted in the soup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by farida5252 on 22 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.