Navratan Pulao By Shahreema
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6156 times
Navratan pulao recipe attempts to bring the exotic authentic nawabi cuisine to your table. The choice of rice, spices and flavorings make this rice specialty a pure culinary delight.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a kadhai, add half the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the rice, mix well and saute till the rice is crisp and cook on a slow flame till 3/4th cooked.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in another pan, add the bayleaf, fennel seeds, star anise and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and saute till they are cooked but crisp.
- Add the curds and salt and mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Spread some rice in a large aluminum baking pan, then alternate by spreading some of the yogurt mix.
- Repeat alternating rice and curd mix till everything is used up.
- Cover tightly with foil wrap by crimping foil over edges of pan and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes till cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shahreema on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.