Nariyal ki Meethi Roti, Sweet Jain Coconut Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15373 times
The delicate aroma and aesthetic flavour of nutmeg and cardamom make the Nariyal ki Meethi Roti a treat for your senses, while the crunch of roasted coconut makes it a pleasure to sink your teeth into this sweet roti! The traditional charm of coconut makes this Sweet Coconut Roti popular with all age groups.
You can keep the chapatis ready, and also roast the coconut earlier and allow it to cool. So, when it is actually time to make the dish, you just need to mix the filling, arrange it into the chapatis and quickly cook them. Once done, serve immediately, either as a separate snack or as part of a meal.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the coconut into a bowl and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing on one half of the chapati.
- Fold the other half of the chapati over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||44.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.