Mushroom Tahini Rice
by Foodie #583160
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1813 times
A flavorful one pot rice preparation made with tahini paste and mushrooms.
- Wash and soak the rice in 1.2 cups of water.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and peanuts on non-stick pan and keep aside.
- After it cools a little, grind and mix with yoghurt to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cinnamon ,cardamom,cloves and peppercorns,sauté and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onions and fry till golden in colour.Add salt and sesame - peanut paste, sauté for 1 minute, add mushrooms and the soaked and drained rice, mix well and add 2 cups water, close the lid and cook for one whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander and roasted sesame-peanut seeds.
- Serve hot with pickle.
- You can make this recipe using cooked rice.
- At step 3 heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- At step 5 add cooked rice instead of soaked rice and mix well.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #583160 on 18 Dec 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.