Murg Badam Korma
This recipe has been viewed 10832 times
Murg badam korma is a delectable chicken recipe with chicken slices smeared with almond paste and then cooked on a pan with whole spices. The cooked chicken is later simmeed in a delectable onion tomato based rich gravy and served hot with naan as a special party treat.
Add your private note
Murg Badam Korma recipe - How to make Murg Badam Korma
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- For the chicken, put almond paste in thin chicken slices and tie the piece together with a thread.
- Then heat oil in pan. add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, bay leaves and chicken. cook the chicken till it loses color, and then add the yoghurt. cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the chicken and remove the thread from it. now keep the chicken aside along with the strained chicken stew.
- For the gravy, heat oil in pan. add ginger garlic paste, onion paste, coriander powder, red chilli paste, salt, strained chicken stew, chicken stock, prepared chicken pieces, mixture of mace and cardamom powder, garam masala and kewra essence.
- Cover the pan and cook for about five minutes.
- Now put the chicken in a container and garnish with saffron, roast almonds, juliennes of ginger and coriander leaves.
- Seal the lid of the container with wheat dough. this will not allow the aroma to escape easily.
- Then place the sealed container on a low fire, a thick tava or an oven and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Murg badam korma is ready to eat.
- Serve hot with rice or tandoori roti.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.