Moong Dal Seekh Kebab
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23479 times
It is impossible to speak of the Mughlas and ignore the heritage of kebabs that they left behind. Though most people believe that kebabs are completely a non-vegetarian's prerogative, vegetarian kebabs are a real treat to the senses! Seekh kebabs are nothing but kebabs that have been prepared on the seekh or metal skewer over a barbeque or in a tandoor. Moong dal makes the perfect seekh kebab. Potato has been used for binding the kebab and a host of delectable spices add a range of flavours.
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in 1 cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the dal mixture on it with your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab with a little oil.
- Cook the kebabs (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are evenly browned on all sides.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with phudina chutney.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||150.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||58.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.