Microwave Gobhi Musallam
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16967 times
A quick way of preparing the traditional cauliflower recipe in the microwave is presented by this microwave recipe - gobhi musallam. The cauliflower is enrobed in a delectable spicy tomato and onion based paste and then served hot.
- Combine 2 tbsp water, lemon juice and the salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Cut off the stem of the cauliflower right till the base. Prick with a sharp knife all over.
- Place the cauliflower in a deep microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice mixture all over and around it.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, or till almost cooked, but firm.
- Remove from the dish and keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, put the oil and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the grated onions, ginger and garlic paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, tomatoes and tomato puree, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower upside-down in the microwave safe dish and cover with the gravy and microwave on high for 2 minutes, again turn and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander, cardamom powder and garam masala.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.