Methi Chole Recipe, Easy Chick Pea Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9567 times
Methi Chole is an easy but vibrant chick pea curry, which is sure to thrill your taste buds!
The combination of pleasantly bitter fenugreek leaves with nutty chick peas, flavoured awesomely with an onion paste, tomato paste and spice powders, this recipe is a wonderful match for both rice as well as rotis or puris .
The nice blend of textures, the traditional flavour and appetizing aroma of this dish make it truly irresistible. It will be enjoyed by the whole family, and can be served with rice and dal, or any Indian bread.
You can also try other recipes with methi like Methi Palak Paneer Subzi or Methi Palak Aur Makai ki Roti .
- Combine the kabuli chana, chana dal, soda, little salt and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cloves, cardamom, bayleaves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, dried mango powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana along with the water, sugar, salt and ½ cup more of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream and mix gently.
- Serve hot.
Methi Chole Recipe video by tarla
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.