Masala Paratha, Zero Oil Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51325 times
This recipe is sure to tempt you to come back for another serving! Whether served as it is or with a vegetable, this is definitely a delicacy.
Mashed potatoes and low fat curds make these Parathas soft and delicious, while soya flour increases its nutritive value by adding protein, iron and zinc.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter, using whole wheat flour.
- Place the paratha on a non-stick pan. Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the paratha with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.