Masala Makhana Recipe, Healthy Lotus Seed Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25696 times
Let's take a few minutes to jazz up roasted makhana, so that a healthy snack becomes super tasty too! Here the crispy roasted lotus seeds are given a chatpata touch by adding some peppy spice powders including chaat masala.
This is a healthy and tasty jar snack that you can have with tea, or even pack in the kids’ snack box or take to office to munch when you are hungry.
You can also try other recipes with lotus seeds like Khoya Makhana or Roasted Makhana.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the makhanas and dry roast them on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the makhanas in the deep bowl and keep aside.
- Put the oil in the same pan, add red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, chaat masala and salt and mix well.
- Switch on the flame, add the roasted makhanas, mix well and sauté it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool it completely and store it in an airtight container. Use as required.
Masala Makhana Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.