Masala Cabbage Pulao
by Sudha Suresh
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20810 times
Cabbage pulao is a novel pulao or rice recipe with the shredded cabbage stir fried along with whole spices and rice and then enjoyed as a meal with chopped coriander leaves and lime juice sprinkled over the top.
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the rice and saute on a medium flame till the rice turns golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee and 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai, add all spices and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the cabbage and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, 250 ml water and salt, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried basmati rice, mix well, reduce the flame and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes or till the rice and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with fried nuts.
This recipe was contributed by Sudha Suresh on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.