Malabari Curry, South Indian Vegetable Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54988 times
Malabari Curry is a mouth-watering South Indian vegetable curry, which features a spectrum of textures and flavours. An assortment of veggies gives this curry multiple colours, flavours and textures, while a tongue-tickling paste of of coconut and spices gives it its rich taste and luscious mouth-feel.
The Malabari Curry is also very versatile, as a hot bowlful of this vegetable dish can perfectly match a range of dishes, be it Rice , Roti , Dosa , Uttapa , Appam or Idiyappam .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, dry roast all the ingredients on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth using ½ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.