Makai Patal Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19248 times
This dish made of hearty chunks of corn on the cob in a sweet and spicy sauce of colocassia leaves (arvi) and Bengal gram dal.
- Heat the oil, add the cumin seeds, hing, ginger and green chilli.
- Add the colocassia leaves, chana dal, turmeric, dhania-jeera and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Whisk well till it is smooth.
- Add the corncobs, tamarind pulp and jaggery and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
- You can also used boiled baby corn instead of the corn cobs.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.