This recipe has been viewed 1642 times
Garlic promotes the well-being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation. One of garlic's most potent health benefits includes the ability to enhance the body's immune cell activity.
- Take four to five whole garlics, separate the flakes and peel the skin.
- Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out a cup of thick juice.
- In a dry kadai put the coriander seeds, cumin and fenugreek one by one and fry till it slightly changes its colour.
- Cool it and powder it.
- In thick bottomed kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it starts pop up add asafoetida powder and curry leaves and then add garlic flakes.
- Fry the garlic till it become light brown.
- Add tamarind juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix it well and allow to boil.
- Then add coriander/jeera/fenugreek powder and stir well.
- Add jaggery powder and cook till it is thick.
- Remove, cool it and store it in a jar upto 45 days.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#436107 on 19 Apr 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.