Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8756 times
This is one of the wonderful recipe of south india which is enjoyed throughout india.
- Heat a pan, add the semolina and roast till it turns pink in colour.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cashewnuts, peppercorn and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove and add this to the semolina along with other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Pour spoonful of batter into greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, green chutney or sambhar.
This recipe was contributed by padams on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.