Healthy Stuffed Luchi, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3395 times
Stuffed Luchi is an all-time favourite snack, which Bengalis can fit into any meal – breakfast, lunch or snacks! It is made so commonly in Bengali households.
The traditional version is made of refined flour dough, stuffed with a tasty mix of moong dal and spices, and deep-fried to perfection.
Here is an attempt to make this popular snack a bit healthier, by using whole wheat flour instead of maida, and cooking the Healthy Stuffed Luchi on a non-stick pan instead of deep-frying.
We have also restricted the use of salt, to make this suitable for those with high BP. Enjoy this yummy but healthy version with your family, with the satisfaction of having made a positive, healthy change in your cooking methods.
You can also try Masala Stuffed Parota .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Heat a small non-stick pan and dry roast the aniseeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and nigella seeds on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside and cool slightly.
- Blend in mixer to a fine powder.
- Blend the soaked green moong dal in mixer along with 3 tbsp of water till smooth.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the green moong dal paste, prepared powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 10 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Press it lightly to seal the stuffing, flatten the dough and roll out again into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the luchi, using ¼ tsp of ghee, and cook till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more luchis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per luchi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.