Mooli Moong Dal, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27772 times
The spiky flavour of white radish and the mellow, comforting nature of moong dal complement each other beautifully in this nutrient-dense dish. As it is low in sodium, radish is an apt ingredient for those with hypertension.
Also try other low salt recipes like Cabbage Paneer Koftas in Makhani Gravy and Sprouts Kadhi .
- Combine the radish, moong dal turmeric powder and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds, bayleaf and cloves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the radish-moong dal mixture, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.