by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32367 times
Momos top the charts when it comes to Oriental cuisine. They are satiating and versatile, packed with the choicest of ingredients that are sure to delight your palate. Here, in this version of Momos top the charts when it comes to Oriental cuisine. They are satiating and versatile, packed with the choicest of ingredients that are sure to delight your palate.
Here, in this version of Healthy Momos, the covering is made using whole wheat flour instead of refined maida, which is commonly used. And, instead of the regular stuffing of mixed veggies sautéed in oodles of oil, here we have used an oil-free filling of protein rich bean sprouts and antioxidant-rich broccoli. Follow the exact procedure to make the world's healthiest momos!
Serve with Schezuan Sauce or Hot and Sweet Chillli sauce .
- Combine the whole wheat flour and a little salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the broccoli, bean sprouts, ginger paste, green chilli paste, garlic, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. Keep the stuffing aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling and place 1 tbsp of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle and press the edges lightly with your fingers to seal it.
- Bring both the corners of the semi-circle one over the other and again pinch it with your fingers to seal it together.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 11 more momos.
- Steam the momos in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per momo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.