by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57121 times
These dim sums are a healthy treat, because they’re full of veggies and they’re steamed-not fried. Finely chopped vegetables go in as a filling into dim sum shells made of flour and steamed until done. Eat them hot with the red and black sauces. Delicious!
- Heat the oil in the wok, add the ginger and sauté for for a while.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide into 25 equal portions. Keep aside to cool.
- Boil a vesselful of water and put the tomato in it for a few minutes. Remove, peel and keep aside.
- Dry roast the red chillies till they are crisp.
- Combine the tomato, garlic, dry red chillies and salt and blend to a smooth sauce. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together for the dough and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Roll out into a big cylinder.
- Divide into 25 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into very thin circle of approx. 50 mm. (2") diameter.
- Place one portion vegetable filling in the centre of the rolled circle.
- Bring together the edges and pinch them with your fingertips to make dumplings.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 24 more dumplings.
- Steam in a greased steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the red and black sauces.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||57.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.1 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.