Pan Fried Dumplings
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 292 times
One of the best examples of Indo-Chinese fusion cooking, the Pan-Fried Dumplings features steamed dumplings pan-fried in a spicy sauce.
Each dumpling is a classic piece, with a spicy, aromatic and crunchy filling of crisp veggies flavoured with garlic et al.
These dumplings are steamed and then sautéed with a tongue-tickling sauce, yielding a dish that has a mind-boggling mix of flavours and textures.
You can balance the spice level according to your taste. Also, try to consume it immediately before the pan-fried dumplings begin to get chewy. This recipe is slightly elaborate but definitely a must-try!
Try similar recipes like Healthy Momos or Momos
- Combine the plain flour, 1 tsp of oil and salt in a deep bowl, add enough hot water and start mixing with a spoon. Once lumps are formed, use hand to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth or lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot, cabbage, and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, 1 tbsp soy sauce and vinegar and mix well cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup spring onions, mix well and cook for 30 seconds. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling and place 1. 5 tbsp of the prepared filling in the centre of the circle.
- Fold the two sides and pinch them in the corner. Start making pleats on one of the sides and sticking them to the other side.
- Repeat step 9 and 10 to make 14 more dumplings.
- Steam 7 dumplings in a greased steamer for 8 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Repeat step 12 to steam the remaining 8 dumplings in 1 more batch
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chopped garlic, schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup, remaining ½ cup of spring onions and 1 tbsp soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the steamed dumplings to the pan and sauté them on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.