Hara Bhara Upma
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4021 times
A recipe of upma made with sooji and green peas, capsicum and spring onions chopped and added to the batter and served with green chutney.
- Blend all the ingredients of the chutney in a mixer (with a little water) and keep aside.
- In a cooking vessel sauté the onions, for less than a minute.
- Add sooji and continue roasting till it turns light brown.
- Add the green peas and chopped capsicum.
- Blend in the chutney. add 2 ½ cups of water and salt to taste.
- Cook the mixture, while stirring continuously.
- Take off the fire when sooji has thickened to the desired texture.
- Heat the oil for a few seconds.
- Add the cumin and green chillies to the oil and remove from fire when they crackle.
- After removing the upma in a serving bowl, pour and spread the oil, chillies and cumin over it and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by mahrukhparakh on 26 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.