Green Pulao, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18140 times
Just a sprig of coriander is enough to pep up a dish. Imagine a recipe that is characterised mainly by coriander—colour, flavour, et al! The coriander paste is what imparts a pleasant, green colour to this spicy pulao.
The pulao by itself is so flavourful that all you need is a simple kadhi , raita or curds to go with it. If you are not fond of very spicy food, go easy on the chillies without any qualms… it will not compromise the taste in any way!
You can also try other rice recipes in the microwave like Corn Pulao and Vegetable Biryani .
- Put the ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1½ minutes, stirring once in between after 45 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, cauliflower, green peas, potatoes, salt and 2 cups of water and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the vegetables are cooked, stirring thrice in between after every 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with curds or kadhi.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||633.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||37.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.