Corn Pulao ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 367 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20823 times
Layers of rice, cooked along with corn, carrot, capsicum and a few simple spices, interact with a richly-flavoured curry… and, the conversation between the layers in the corn pulao is rather interesting! Baking the arrangement in an aluminium foil wrapper gives a special touch to the pulao.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, corn, carrot and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, cream, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water in a bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds-cream mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Grease a microwave safe baking bowl with ghee, put 1 portion of rice in it and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Put the prepared curry over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally add the remaining portion of rice over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the milk over it, cover with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn upside down on a big serving plate.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||308 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.