Green Peas, Potato and Paneer Cutlet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62860 times
Green peas, potato and paneer cutlet is an elaborate recipe, but not difficult to make. It involves making paneer mixture, potato mixture and a green peas mixture—all of which is to be be mixed well and deep-fried. You need to set aside a bit of time to make it, but it is definitely worth doing so.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas, soda-bi-carb, lemon juice, sugar and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the potatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potato mixture and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the green pea mixture, potato mixture and paneer mixture in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 67 mm. (2½“) diameter thick round cutlet.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the cutlets, 2 to 3 at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||100.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.