Soya and Green Peas Cutlet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63576 times
“Delicious, yum, bring me another!” Those are exactly the words that will be on your lips after you taste a Soya and Green Peas Cutlet. And, well, you can indulge in one more without much guilt as these cutlets are tava-cooked and not deep-fried. A combination of protein-packed and fibre-rich soya granules and green peas along with other vegetables makes this a healthy snack. Unlike traditional tikkis that are completely potato based, this one uses a small quantity of potatoes combined with whole bread slices for binding. This innovative twist not only reduces the amount of starch, it also improves the texture and flavour of the tikkis, making them all the more irresistible.
- Blend the whole wheat bread slices in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in 1 cup of water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well, squeeze out all the water and keep side.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the coarsely powdered whole wheat bread and soya granules in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") flat, round cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Place 3 cutlets on it and cook on a medium flame, using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 6 to cook 6 more cutlets in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Soya and Green Peas Cutlet (Healthy Snack) video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cutlet
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.