Hare Chane Aur Soya ki Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22161 times
A tikki like none you have tasted before, the Hare Chane aur Soya ki Tikki stands out from the crowd because of the unique combination of hare chana and soya granules. Wondrous iron-rich foods, these two fibre-rich ingredients are combined with unusual binding agents like nachni flour and soya granules, thereby doing away with starchy potatoes. Addition of mint and coriander not only improve the absorption of iron, but also impart a strong aroma that makes these tikkis beyond comparison!
- Soak the soya granules in enough hot water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out all the water from the soya granules. Keep aside.
- Mash the hare chane with the help of a potato masher, add all the remaining ingredients including the soaked and drained soya granules in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2“) diameter flat, round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki, using ¼ tsp of oil, till they are evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.