Corn and Rice Tikki Satay
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12392 times
Nothing can beat the visual and aromatic appeal of this delicious satay made of colourful pineapples and irresistible tikkis made of corn and rice. While the rice helps bond the juicy corn kernels, mint and chaat masala impart a sharp and inviting aroma and flavour to the tikkis, which are cooked on a tava with minimal oil rather than being deep-fried. Bright and vibrant capsicum provides crunchy intervals, while a sprinkling of chaat masala causes tempting whiffs that make the Corn and Rice Tikki Satay everybody’s first choice!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a 25 mm. (1?) diameter flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Place a few tikkis at a time on it and cook, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the red and yellow capsicum, chaat masala, mix well and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Arrange a piece of yellow capsicum, tikki, and a piece of red capsicum on a toothpick.
- Repeat step 2 to make 15 more satays.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per satay stick
|Vitamin A||53.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.