Vegetable Satay with Peanut Sauce, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23224 times
Vegetable satay with peanut sauce, protein-rich peanuts make a saucy but tasty appearance in this dish. However, remember that peanuts can also be fattening if not consumed judiciously! Enjoy these nutritious satays in more ways than one – by making varied veggie combos as per your choice.
- Combine the paneer, onion, red and green capsicum cubes in a bowl, add the prepared marinade and toss well. Keep aside to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- On a satay stick, arrange one piece each of paneer, onion, red and green capsicum.
- Repeat with the remaining satay sticks and ingredients to make 7 more vegetable satays.
- Cook the vegetable satays on a tava (griddle) using oil till brown spots appear on all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut powder and chilli powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add ¼ cup of water, soya sauce, jaggery, lemon juice and salt, mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, warm the satays on a hot tava (griddle) and arrange on a serving plate.
- Pour the prepared warm peanut sauce over it and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.