Green Pea Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 589 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51547 times
Enjoy these crisp yet spongy pancakes early in the morning before starting your day. The combination of green peas with moong dal helps to enhance the fibre and protein content of this recipe. Serve hot, with carrot garlic chutney.
- Combine the soaked and drained moon dal, green peas, chillies, coriander and ginger and blend in a mixer using little water to make a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter into a deep bowl, add the onions and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make 120 mm. (5”) thick round.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with carrot garlic chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.