Crunchy Apple Custard
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 108675 times
A sweet and slightly crunchy dessert that will help top up on your calcium requirement. Everybody, from kids to adults, need calcium, but one cannot overdose on bland milk. By including milk along with nutritious and tasty fruits like apple, and flavour-enhancing ingredients like brown sugar, it is possible to transform the dessert from a sinful course of the meal to a guilt-free and healthy one without compromising on taste!
- Combine the custard powder and 2 tbsp of sugar along with 1 tbsp of milk in a deep bowl and mix well to a smooth mixture.
- Heat the remaining milk in a non-stick pan, add the prepared custard mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the apples and the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar along with ½ cup of water in non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Spread evenly cooked apple slices on a baking dish and pour the prepared custard over the slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm when the sugar topping is crisp.
- Always keep stirring the custard while cooking as it tends to stick to the vessel or form lumps.
- You can use stewed peaches or pears instead of apples.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.