Coffee Walnut Cupcake ( Cupcakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29191 times
The bitterness of coffee and the nuttiness of walnut combine well to qualify this fabulous dessert as a great choice for connoisseurs. Walnuts add the required crunch to these cupcakes, while the coffee decoction imparts a very mature flavour. Follow the exact procedure mentioned here for making the coffee decoction, in order to ensure the best flavour. Garnish with silver balls for a perfect finishing touch.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the prepared flour mixture, walnuts and coffee mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½”) diameter aluminum moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes and at 150ºc (300ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The sponge is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
- Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat it with the help of a spatula.
- Add the icing sugar and mix well.
- Add the coffee mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Fill the frosting in a piping bag and pipe out small swirls of your choice on each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with edible silver balls.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.