Coffee Butter Icing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16651 times
Here is a coffee-flavoured icing that is ideal for cakes and pastries. While coffee is much loved by adults, it is also an acceptable treat for kids occasionally, so you can use this to prepare desserts to be served at parties. The combination of icing sugar and butter gives the Coffee Butter Icing a lovely texture, which should be used smartly for best results. Always use the icing as soon as it is made, before it hardens; and spread it with a damp palette knife for a nice, smooth finish. Enjoy this lovely icing on your favourite cakes!
- Combine the coffee powder and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and keep side.
- Sieve the icing sugar and keep aside.
- Combine the butter in a deep bowl and beat well for 1 to 2 minutes, using a wooden spoon till it is light and smooth.
- Gradually, add the sieved icing sugar and mix well.
- Add the coffee–water mixture and mix well.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.