4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12566 times
Find an easy cheese enchilada recipe with step-by-step instructions to prepare the Mexican corn tortillas rolled up and filled with any filling of choice. The filling may vary from beans to chicken to even sauteed veggies.
Add your private note
Cheese Enchiladas recipe - How to make Cheese Enchiladas
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- To make the cheese filling blend the cottage cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, onions, dry oregano leaves in a blender and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and fry the tortillas till slight blisters are seen.
- Remove from the pan and drain on tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Now spread a third of the salsa in a baking dish.
- Then spoon cheese filling on each tortilla and spread all over.
- Place each tortilla with the filling faced down over the salsa fresca in the baking dish.
- Then put the remaining salsa fresca and the cheese filling over the pancake and bake uncovered.
- Once done garnish with shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
This recipe was contributed by ssd98 on 16 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.