Chawli, French Beans and Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26425 times
This hearty lentil based soup has warm flavours making it very appealing throughout your pregnancy. The potatoes and beans add extra carbohydrates while the vegetables provide the required vitamins, minerals and fibre. It is a great one dish meal when you are lactating too. Simply assemble everything in a pot and let it simmer away while you attend to your little one.
- Soak the black-eyed beans in water for 3 to 4 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and bay leaves lightly. Add the french beans, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and chawli and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of water and simmer on a medium flame for 25 to 30 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Add the cabbage and tomato and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with the chopped parsley and grated cheese.
- Chawli beans are also called haricot beans or lobhia beans and are available at most grocery stores.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.