by shweta soni
This recipe has been viewed 1288 times
Chapate and tangy pakode...perfect to with cup of masala chai in this monsoon! An interesting variant of the regular chilli pakodas. The tangy and sweet filling of besan with tamrind and jaggery make final dish rather exciting.A treat for pakoda lovers indeed!
- Combine the besan and salt in a bowl. Add sufficient water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add tamarind pulp, cook for five minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, besan, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slit the chillies and remove the seeds.
- Fill the tamarind mixture and set aside.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Dip the chillies in the besan mixture and deep fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shweta soni on 04 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.