Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2641 times
Cashewnuts is an amazing Indian dessert or burfee recipe with a delectable taste and an unique set of ingredients. The cashewnuts or kaju burfee is prepared with mawa mixed with sugar, desiccated coconut and a paste made from roasted cashewnuts. The burfee or rectangular shaped kaju mithai is served on special occasions or festivals. An excellent popular dessert recipe for every occasion.
- Blend together cashews and milk very finely, in a blender.
- Put the paste in a kadhai, add sugar and cook over low flame. stir till the sugar dissolves and then bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium flame, till mixture collects together and becomes dough-like.
- Remove from flame, cool enough a hit, roll on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin to 1/4cm or 1/8" thickness.
- Cover with silver foil and cool.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces and transfer onto a serving dish.
This recipe was contributed by sweetyparekh on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.