Buttermilk Apple Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48836 times
Pancakes are an all american breakfast dish. I've specially created this recipe as the lactic acid in the curds is known to stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin which helps to control blood sugar levels. The sweet apple topping is a healthier option to the dollop of butter and drizzle of honey that traditionally goes with pancakes. The cinnamon apple topping adds the much needed crunch and sweetness along with the goodness of apples.
- Combine the apple with ¼ cup water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the apples soften.
- Add the cinnamon powder and sugar substitute and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together to make a smooth batter. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour a quarter of the batter onto a greased non-stick pan.
- Cook till both sides are golden brown and serve topped with the apple topping.
- Repeat to make 3 more pancakes.
- Buttermilk is made by whisking together curds and water.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.