Bread Pakora, Indian Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15100 times
Tasty and crispy, this is one of the most famous tea-time snacks in India. It is often sold by roadside vendors, and sells like a rage in the winter months!
The Bread Pakora is quite easy to make too, as it uses just common ingredients. The sliced bread is dipped in a batter of besan and rice flour perked up with a dash of spices, and deep-fried till perfectly crisp.
With the mild spiciness of green chillies and the appetizing aroma of coriander, the Bread Pakora is truly an irresistible snack. It is much-loved by kids too, and can be served as an after-school treat.
You can also try other snacks like the Oats Bhel or Paneer Nuggets .
- Cut each bread slice into 4 equal pieces using a sharp knife. You will get 24 bread pieces in all. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the bread pieces and coriander in a deep bowl along with approx. ¾ cup of water and whisk well.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip one bread piece at a time in the batter and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. You can deep-fry 5 to 6 pieces at a time.
- Repeat step 4 to deep-fry more pakoras.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Bread Pakora, Indian Snack Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal
Bread Pakora, Indian Snack recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||144.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.