Beetroot Soup ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15885 times
By 7 months, your baby is ready for liquids like soup too. Initially, take care to introduce one vegetable at a time, in the soup form, so that it is easier to digest and your baby will also get used to various tastes.
Moreover, when you make a multi-ingredient soup and it is rejected by your child, you will not know which ingredient was unsuitable. Here, we start with Beetroot Soup, followed by Carrot Soup.Once your baby gets used to both these veggies individually, you can combine them to make Beetroot and Carrot Soup.
- Combine the beetroot and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Serve lukewarm.
- ½ cup of beetroot can be replaced with ½ cup of peeled and roughly chopped carrot and proceed as per the recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.