Added to 878 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 144889 times
Aloo tikki is a versatile and popular potato preparation, that can be had as it is, or as part of a gravy or a chaat preparation.
Here is a relatively simple version that you can prepare with readymade spice powders. If required, ask an elder to help you mash the potatoes.
Cut the tikkis into different shapes using cookie cutters, to make them look more interesting.
Cornflake Cookies , Jam Pinwheels , Cheese Garlic Buns , Quick Dahi Vada and Tacos with Baked Beans are a few more exciting recipes that kids will enjoy cooking with the help of elders.
- Combine the potatoes and green peas in a deep bowl and mash well.
- Add the coriander leaves, chilli powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into round patty and then cut out into heart shape using a cookie cutter.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook few tikkis at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from the sides.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||78.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.