Mysore Sada Dosa ( Mumbai Roadside Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51420 times
Hmmm, when you want to have a quick and light meal, but are in too perky a mood for sada dosa, then go for the mysore sada dosa, which is not too heavy on the tummy but still has a nice, semi-spicy flavour, thanks to the mysore chutney!
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the chana dal and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, tamarind pulp, peppercorns, jaggery and coconut, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a minute. Keep aside.
- When cool, add the salt and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding water as required. (this recipe requires 4 tbsp of the chutney, store the remaining in an air-tight container in a deep-freezer).
- Heat a tava /non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ¼th of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9") thin dosa.
- Smear 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of the mysore chutney evenly over the dosa using a spatula and cook till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Place it on a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.