Coconut Chutney ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88191 times
An all time favourite accompaniment to be served with south indian delicacy snacks.
- Combine the coconut, roasted chana dal, green chillies, ginger, coriander, curry leaves, salt and 3 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add 1/3 cup of water and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well. Use as required or store in an air-tight container in a deep-freezer.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.