Cream Of Tomato Soup Or How To Make Tamatar Shorba Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 400 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 302712 times
A tangy soup of spice-tinged tomatoes, the Cream of Tomato Soup is a choice that perfectly pleases the Indian palate. A combination of tomato puree and freshly cooked tomatoes are combined with spices and blended into a rich soup, which is made all the more luxuriant by the addition of fresh cream. Kindle the appetite by serving this easy to make soup hot and fresh with bread croutons.
- Combine the tomatoes with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf and peppercorns, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bayleaf and discard it. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and strain it using a strainer.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato mixture, 1 cup of water, tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with bread croutons.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1212.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||65.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||73.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.