Cream Of Potato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29307 times
It is not uncommon to use potatoes in the preparation of soups. Sometimes, they are used in the stock. At other times, the juice of a potato is used to thicken a soup instead of cornflour. But, in this unique soup, potato takes the centre stage. Here, potatoes are flavoured with onions and bayleaf, and cooked along with milk and fresh cream to make a terrifically creamy soup. Since potato is known to thicken foods, ensure you serve the Cream of Potato Soup immediately before it becomes too thick to consume!
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the mixture completely. Once cooled, discard the bayleaf and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same deep non-stick pan, add the fresh cream, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||356.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.