Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Veg Broccoli Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 129279 times
A creamy, delicious soup that can be enjoyed hot during winters. Broccoli is a great way to add iron into your diet, and this soup is just the perfect way to include broccoli in your meals, especially if your family likes drinking up Soups .
Mildly flavoured with nutmeg and fresh pepper, this soup looks attractive because of its fresh, green colour. Serve it hot garnished with blanched broccoli florets.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till the broccoli is cooked. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Transfer to a mixer and blend into a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of butter in another deep non-stick pan, add the flour and sauté using a whisk on a medium flame for 30 seconds taking care that the flour does not discolour.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Add the broccoli purée, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder, mix well and simmer on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.