Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Veg Broccoli Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 148584 times
cream of broccoli soup recipe | Indian style veg cream of broccoli soup | with amazing 22 images.
Our cream of broccoli soup is an Indian style veg cream of broccoli soup.
cream of broccoli soup is a lovely green-coloured soup of broccoli pepped up with onions and a dash of pepper. Milk and plain flour help to balance the flavour as well as lend the perfect consistency to this Indian style veg cream of broccoli soup.
A creamy, delicious cream of broccoli soup that can be enjoyed hot during winters. Broccoli is a great way to add iron into your diet, and this soup is just the perfect way to include broccoli in your meals, especially if your family likes drinking up Soups.
Mildly flavoured with nutmeg and fresh pepper, this cream of broccoli soup looks attractive because of its fresh, green colour. Serve it hot garnished with blanched broccoli florets.
Time for some green fun! The cream of broccoli soup is a delicious and comforting soup recipe which is super delicious and tummy filling. In cream of broccoli soup we have used the most basic and minimum of ingredients for preparing the soup. Indian style veg cream of broccoli soup falls under the category of thick soup as we have pureed broccoli and have also used plain flour to thicken. Serve thick soup along with bread sticks or garlic bread. Also, you can add on croutons if you wish to!
Learn to make span class="bold1">cream of broccoli soup recipe | Indian style veg cream of broccoli soup | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make cream of broccoli soup, heat 1 tbsp of butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till the broccoli is cooked. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Transfer to a mixer and blend into a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of butter in another deep non-stick pan, add the flour and sauté using a whisk on a medium flame for 30 seconds taking care that the flour does not discolour.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Add the broccoli purée, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder, mix well and simmer on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Serve the cream of broccoli soup hot.
Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Veg Broccoli Soup Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.