Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Veg Broccoli Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 205 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106862 times
A creamy, delicious soup that can be enjoyed hot during winters. Broccoli is a great way to add iron into your diet, and this soup is just the perfect way to include broccoli in your meals, especially if your family likes drinking up Soups .
Mildly flavoured with nutmeg and fresh pepper, this soup looks attractive because of its fresh, green colour. Serve it hot garnished with blanched broccoli florets.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of butter in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add ¾th of the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the white stock and cook on a medium flame till the broccoli is cooked. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tbsp of butter in another deep pan, add the flour and sauté on a medium flame for a minute taking care that the flour does not discolour.
- Add the milk and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Add the broccoli purée, mix well and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with broccoli florets.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.