Cream Of Asparagus Soup, Fresh Asparagus Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29278 times
Juicy and succulent asparagus is a delicacy that Mother Nature confers on us in the vibrant spring season. If it has caught your attention too, and you are wondering how to cook it, here is a fabulous Cream of Asparagus Soup, which is sure to steal everybody’s heart with its aesthetic flavour and pampering creaminess.
Onions and pepper complement the exotic flavour of asparagus beautifully, while potatoes and cream help to balance the flavour and make the soup thick and luscious. Serve this soup fresh and hot, as it tends to thicken upon cooling as most thick soups do.
Serve toped with Cheese Croutons and a complimentary dish like Jacket Potatoes with Broccoli and Red Pepper and Parsley and Garlic Loaf .
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions, potatoes and asparagus and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan ,add the fresh cream, ¼ cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||279.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.