How many calories does one serving of Cream of Broccoli Soup have?
One serving of Cream of Broccoli Soup gives 201 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 47 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 112 calories. One serving of Cream of Broccoli Soup provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe. A creamy, delicious soup that can be enjoyed hot during winters. Broccoli is a great way to add iron into your diet, and this soup is just the perfect way to include broccoli in your meals, especially if your family likes drinking up Soups .
Is Cream of Broccoli Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Cream, butter are high in fats.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cream of Broccoli Soup ?
No for diabetics and heart as the fat content from milk, butter and cream is not good for you. No for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Cream of Broccoli Soup ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Cream of Broccoli Soup is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 201 calories that come from Cream of Broccoli Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 60 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 27 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 34 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.